Kathryn Tortorici and Nancy Bynon are two friends who received separate breast cancer diagnoses just weeks apart in 2019. Now, they are publishing a new book about how their friendship and shared faith proved to be an essential part of their stories. This episode is sure to inspire and encourage anyone walking a similar journey.
Episode At A Glance:
Kathryn Tortorici and Nancy Bynon join me to talk about their upcoming new book, Two By Two: Conversations Between Friends Navigating Breast Cancer. Nancy and Kathryn are dear friends who received breast cancer diagnoses just weeks apart, and Two By Two shows how their friendship and relationships with Christ proved to be cornerstones in their healing journeys. Katherine and Nancy share stories, devotions, recipes, and encouragement for anyone undergoing a similar journey. In this episode, they share all the details about their upcoming new book, how their friendship began, and so much more.
Who Is Kathryn Tortorici?
Kathryn Tortorici lives in Birmingham, Alabama, with Sam, her high-school sweetheart and husband of thirty-five years. She has an Education degree from Auburn University and taught kindergarten for five years. She is blessed with three adult children, two daughters-in-law, and two granddaughters. Kathryn enjoys painting, sewing, and writing. When she is not traveling or involved with Bible study, she is walking her golden retriever. Kathryn’s passion is hospitality, serving others in her home, in the community, or in Mentone, Alabama. She loves people and loves sharing her faith.
Who Is Nancy Bynon?
Nancy Bynon grew up in Dothan, Alabama. After graduating from Auburn University with a Nursing degree, she moved to Birmingham, Alabama, and worked at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) Hospital for eight years. UAB is where she met Steve, her husband of thirty-seven years. They have a son and a daughter, a son-in-law, and a precious granddaughter. Pearl, Nancy’s loving Labrador companion, is always by her side. Nancy’s favorite leisure activities are spending time with friends and family in Colorado, needlepointing, traveling, and baking.
Questions Answered In This Episode:
- How did the two of you first become friends?
- What was it like to receive breast cancer diagnoses so close together?
- What is Two By Two about, and how did it come to be?
Two By Two Tour Schedule:
- October 11 Private event
- October 12 Ryan Reeve in Cahaba Heights 10:00-11:30
- October 16 Private event
- October 17 At Home in Homewood 11:00-1:00
- October 18 Leaf N Petal at the Botanical Gardens 11:00
- October 19 Amano 10:30-12:30
- Trussville Square with Serendipity Boutique 4:00-6:00
- November 1 Book signing 4-6
- November 2 CLS Saint Martin’s Barns and Noble
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Two by Two is available for pre-order now on Amazon and Barnes & Noble
- Food for Thought cookbook
- Magic: The Cookbook of the Junior League of Birmingham, AL
- Follow @twobytwocancer on Instagram
I hope you enjoyed this episode! As always, if you have time to rate, review, and subscribe to The SavvyCast on Apple Podcasts, it would be so appreciated. If you would prefer to watch the podcast interview, check it out on YouTube. Blessings to you!
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to check out the ones below: