These insanely yummy and easy no-bake peanut butter oatmeal cookies are a Grab the Gold copycat recipe that tastes almost identical to the protein bars but at a fraction of the price.
Most of you know what it’s like to need a chocolate fix. Or a cookie fix. Or both. This savvy recipe for easy no-bake chocolate peanut butter oatmeal cookies takes care of both. And if you are a fan of the popular Grab the Gold protein bar, this recipe is a triple whammy for you:-)
If you’ve ever eaten the FAB Grab the Gold bars (I blogged about them here), these cookies are similar in taste and texture. They have the “Reeses Cups” flavor with a rustic, chunky consistency from oats (and chunky peanut butter in my case).
Cocoa: I use the traditional Hershey’s cocoa. It has always produced perfectly rich, chocolatey results.
Oats: Don’t stress over quick oats or old-fashioned. I’ve used both; there is no huge difference.
Peanut Butter: I prefer chunky but smooth works fine as well. I really would love to try making these with almond butter. If any of you have done so or if you do, please comment with your thoughts!
Boiling: The key to these cookies being the right consistency is bringing them to a full, rolling boil and then letting them boil for exactly 1 minute. I stir the entire time. Tip: Spray the saucepan with Pam to make cleanup easier.
Cookie scoop: I use a medium to scoop the cookies; then I press them a bit to flatten somewhat. The small cookie scoop makes a perfect mound; I don’t flatten them.
In the short video below, I show how to make these cookies, specifically what a “rolling boil” or full boil looks like.
These cookies are truly a hit with everyone~young and old alike. They are perfect teacher gifts or neighbor gifts during the holidays. If you make these, I’d love to hear what you think. As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Wishing you a joyful, blessed, and savvy day!!!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup milk (whole or 2%)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- 3 cups oats (quick or old fashioned)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Spray sides of a saucepan with cooking oil; add sugar, butter, milk, cocoa powder and salt.
- Bring to a rapid, full boil; let boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat after 1 minute.
- Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth; stir in oats.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, drop onto parchment paper; press down if you prefer a flat shaped cookie.
- Allow to cool 30 minutes or until firm.
- Store in airtight container for one to two weeks.
Amount Per Serving Calories 3681 Total Fat 181g Saturated Fat 76g Cholesterol 259mg Sodium 233mg Carbohydrates 496g Sugar 318g Protein 74g