P.F.Chang’s Mongolian Beef Copycat Recipe
This P.F. Chang’s Mongolian Beef Copycat Recipe tastes as good as the real thing, is much healthier, and is far less expensive than dining in the restaurant!
This P.F. Chang’s Mongolian beef copycat recipe tastes almost identical to the original. If you love the Chang’s version, you must try this recipe!
Since flank steak is a bit of a headache to slice, you can save tons of time having your butcher do it for you. (If you are in Birmingham, James at the Caldwell Mill Publix does it just right:-) I get sliced flank steak not only for the Mongolian beef but also for these Korean Barbecue Flank Steak Kabobs. You’ll love flank steak when you make it Asian style!
Just a few tips for this recipe:
- Use a large skillet or wok so that the meat won’t be crowded in the pan (if crowded it won’t fry properly). (I recently bought Stainless 14-Inch Stir-Fry Pan and love it.) It has dropped from $100 to $32.69; this is a killer deal!!!
- Bring the steak to room temp at least half an hour before frying. Too-cold meat will make the hot oil drop in temp and take longer to fry (thus absorbing more oil).
- If you have it, use sesame oil for added flavor. I use sesame oil instead of regular oil to brown the ginger & garlic.
- Don’t be tempted to leave out the fresh ginger; it is crucial for the outstanding flavor.
- A gallon or large ziploc will help coat the meat slices with cornstarch. Just throw the meat and cornstarch together in the bag and shake until meat is well coated.
I make this along with Better Than Chang’s Lo Mein, and my family loves it. I also serve this with Gyo dumplings from Trader Joe’s freezer case. It is just like eating at Changs!!!!
I’d love to hear back from you if you try any of these recipes! I am so grateful that you stopped by my site. As always, be blessed, and stay savvy!!! This Mongolian beef tastes surprisingly like that served at P.F. Chang's and is a wonderful way to enjoy flank steak.
P.F.Chang's Mongolian Beef (Copycat Recipe)
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 1643Total Fat 44gSaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 295mgSodium 9565mgCarbohydrates 198gSugar 157gProtein 108g
This Mongolian beef tastes surprisingly like that served at P.F. Chang's and is a wonderful way to enjoy flank steak.