Pesto Pasta Salad
This pesto pasta salad is SO easy using Kirkland prepared pesto, and it is so rich and yummy, even kids will scarf it down!
I have served this pesto pasta salad at many events, and someone always asks for the recipe. It is not only delicious, but it is a perfect dish to take to sporting events for the food table. It is hearty and filling, and made without chicken, it is safe to keep on a table in the hot sun without worrying about food poisoning. When I take it to outdoor events where heat is a factor, I always leave the chicken out.
I make this pasta salad with chicken and without, just depending upon how much time I have. I use and love Kirkland Basil Pesto from Costco. It is SO yummy; it literally has the taste and consistency of homemade.
Kirkland basil pesto is made from 100% imported Italian basil. At $8.00 for a 22 ounce jar, it is a steal. Very small containers of pesto at specialty grocery stores cost almost this much, and of all the pestos that I’ve tried, this one is the best, and in my opinion, tastes closest to homemade.
I took a batch of this pasta salad to my daughters’ tennis tournament and was surprised at how the girls on the team gobbled it down. I had several moms ask for the recipe. They had no idea their daughters would eat basil pesto. Once kids can “get past the green,” they will usually fall in love with the rich flavor of pesto!
I also use this pesto for this Chicken Pesto Pizza and this pesto ranch mozzarella chicken. Both of these are SO yummy!!
If you try this pesto pasta salad or any of the other pesto recipes, please leave comments; I love hearing from readers! If you have any great pesto recipes, please share! As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!
Pesto Pasta Salad
This chicken basil pesto pasta salad is fresh, easy to make, and absolutely delicious!
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken, chopped (optional)
- 1 box (or 1 pound) rotini or corkscrew pasta
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Kirkland basil pesto (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing (I use Ken's Steakhouse Northern Italian)
- 1 cup feta cheese (or more to taste)
- cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Placed cooked, chopped, sealsoned chicken into a medium sized bowl.
- Boil pasta until al dente--firm to the tooth.
- Drain pasta; toss with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place pasta in bowl with chicken.
- Add basil pesto to the pasta and chicken, stirring well (add more pesto to taste).
- Add feta and cherry tomatoes.
- Stir in Italian dressing--just enough to give pasta a bit of moisture.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 419Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 95mgSodium 438mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 25g
It is easy and delicous, Adriane!!!! XoXo
Oh Cass, I am so happy to hear that you liked it! Thanks for letting me know!
Tried this tonight. It was excellent! :)