This pesto ranch mozzarella chicken uses on 4 ingredients, cooks in the slow cooker, and tastes out of this world delicious!
This pesto ranch mozzarella chicken is so yummy, I’ve seen even the pickiest kids devour this. The flavor is out of this world~as the ranch, pesto, and mozzarella are a perfect trio to take plain chicken over the top.
This chicken is one of my favorite new ways to use fresh boneless, chicken breasts. I buy fresh chicken breasts almost every week from The Fresh Market and am always looking for new and yummy ways to cook them. I cut the breasts into strips with kitchen shears, so roughly 2 large breasts will yield 8 to 10 large strips.
I make this recipe with my favorite prepared pesto~Kirkland basil pesto. Kirkland pesto is the next best thing to homemade. It is made with Genovese basil grown in Liguria, Italy, a region bordering the Mediterranean Sea that produces the world’s purest, sweetest basil.
Kirkland basil pesto comes ina 22-ounce jar and costs about $7.00. Located in the refrigerated section, it must be keep in the fridge and used or frozen by the date stamped on the jar. In addition to using it for this recipe, I also use it to make this yummy pesto pasta salad, and this chicken pesto pizza. I am never without this pesto in my fridge:-)
The pesto ranch mozzarella chicken simply is one of the easiest most delicious chicken dishes ever. All you do is add the chicken to the crock, season, and cook. See below…..
If you try this, please let me hear back from you in the comments section of this post; I love hearing from readers!!! As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into large strips
- 1 1/2 cups basil pesto (I use Kirkland basil pesto)
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 1 package mozzarella, shredded
- Place chicken strips in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle chicken with dry ranch dressing.
- Spread pesto over chicken, covering well.
- Cook on low approximately 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Heat oven to broil.
- Place chicken strips on baking sheet lined with foil and sprayed with Pam.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over chicken.
- Place under broiler until cheese melts.
This recipe can be adapted to the oven. Simply bake chicken an hour in the oven the finish with cheese under the broiler.
Amount Per Serving Calories 345Total Fat 32gCarbohydrates 9gProtein 5g