This tangy, cheesy roasted Brussels sprouts dip is ALWAYS a hit (and one of the first dips to disappear) at any party or gameday tailgate.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Make Delicious Dip
Crisped, slightly charred Brussels sprouts are absolutely delicious on their own, but they are also outstanding as a base for party dip. I’ve seen various versions of this dip served at wedding receptions and dinner parties, and it seems to be a new trend for dip. I made this for our young marrieds’ small group last week, and there was not a bite left. Everyone ate it and raved over how yummy it was. I served it with Stacy’s Pita Chips (simply naked), and they were the perfect dipper.
What Dish is Best to Bake Brussels Sprouts Dip?
You can make this dip in any bakeware that goes from oven to table. I usually make this in my favorite quiche dish, and I’ve also made it in my favorite white scalloped pie dish. I am a huge fan of all white, classic bakeware that goes from freezer to oven to table. I link to all of my favorites here on my amazon page in “white bakeware.”
What do you serve alongside this Brussels sprouts dip?
I’ve served pita chips with this dip, as well as Fritos scoops and tostitoes. For those following a low-carb or Keto/Paleo diet, the dip can be eaten alone or with crudites.
Make Roasted Brussels Sprouts Dip Ahead
The best and easiest way to make this ahead it to fully prepare the recipe up to the point of baking. It will be fine in the refrigerator up to a day before baking. Remove from the fridge and allow it to sit at room temperature 30 minutes before baking. The dip is best served warm, so I make this and pull it from the oven just when guests arrive.
What is the best cheese for Brussels sprouts dip?
For the cheddar, I use white, extra sharp, that I grate myself (with a box grater). Sharp cheddar will work, but I love the kick of extra sharp. White cheddar is preferable to orange for aesthetic purposes. For the parmesan, I use grated fresh parmesan (never green can). In this photo, I am showing the Costco parmesan. It is good, but I’ve also hand grated fresh Parmesan-Reggiano, and it is outstanding.
Shallots add the perfect touch to this dip.
Shallots are slightly sweet and mild, with a hint of garlic and without the off-putting “bite” of onions. Shallots are found in the produce aisle near the garlic bulbs. For this dish, I diced a whole large shallot and got 1/4 cup. When I buy shallots, I usually buy 3-4 small ones or 2 larger ones to dice for dips and quiches. They have such a great flavor and go so well with sharp cheeses.
If you make this fave dip of mine, please leave comments and let me know what you think! It is perfect for holiday entertaining, game day tailgates and more. I’m sure you’ll have plenty of opportunity to give it a try. As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts, trimmed & halved
- 5-6 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1/4 cup shallots, diced
- 2 cups sharp white cheddar, grated
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I use reduced fat)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I use reduced fat)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
ROAST BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss Brussels sprouts in extra virgin olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Spread onto large baking sheet (not overcrowding) covered in foil (for easy cleanup).
- Roast in middle rack of oven until edges begin to crisp (roughly 15-20 minutes).
- Remove Brussels; set aside to cool. Reduce oven to 400 degrees.
MIX DIP INGREDIENTS:
- In medium bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise & shallots until well combined.
- Add bacon & white cheddar; mix well.
- When sprouts are cool enough to handle, chop them roughly with chef's knife.
- Place sprouts into large bowl; add dip ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Spread mixture into large shallow quiche or baking dish.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan.
- Bake at 400 degrees until bubbly.
- Serve with pita chips or French baguette slices.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 289mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g