This roasted Brussels sprouts dip is so crazy delicious, it is likely to make a Brussels sprouts lover out of everyone who eats it!
With Fall in full swing and holidays around the corner, who doesn’t need a new, fab, rave worthy appetizer recipe? If that’s you, then I’ve gotcha covered with this one:-)
If you already swoon when you see a dish of golden, crisp-tender Brussels sprouts, this dish will take you to the moon and back. If you aren’t a Brussels fan, consider this dip anyway. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at its “yum factor!”
I made this for our young marrieds’ small group last week, and there was not a bite left. Everyone ate it and raved over how yummy it was. I served it with Stacy’s Pita Chips (simply naked), and they were the perfect dipper.
Make ahead: The best and easiest way to make this ahead it to fully prepare the recipe up to the point of baking. Refrigerate the dip until ready to bake, which should be roughly an hour before guests arrive. The dip keeps well in a warming drawer or oven.
White cheddar: I buy extra sharp (either Tillamook or Cabot) and grate it in my mini prep food processor. It ends up being more crumbled than grated, which is fine. It melts perfectly during the baking process.
A note on shallots: Shallots are slightly sweet and mild, with a hint of garlic and without the off-putting “bite” of onions. Shallots are found in the produce aisle near the garlic bulbs. For this dish, I diced a whole shallot and got 1/4 cup.
Baking dish: Use at least a 10.5 quiche dishor an 8 x 11 glass baking dish for best results.
If you make this fave dip of mine, please leave comments and let me know what you think! With the holidays around the corner, I’m sure you’ll have plenty of opportunity to give it a try. As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts, trimmed & halved
- 5-6 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1/4 cup shallots, diced
- 2 cups sharp white cheddar, grated
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I use reduced fat)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I use reduced fat)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
- ROAST BRUSSELS SPROUTS:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss Brussels sprouts in extra virgin olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Spread onto large baking sheet (not overcrowding) covered in foil (for easy cleanup).
- Roast in middle rack of oven until edges begin to crisp (roughly 15-20 minutes).
- Remove Brussels; set aside to cool. Reduce oven to 400 degrees.
- MIX DIP INGREDIENTS:
- In medium bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise & shallots until well combined.
- Add bacon & white cheddar; mix well.
- When sprouts are cool enough to handle, chop them roughly with chef's knife.
- Place sprouts into large bowl; add dip ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Spread mixture into large shallow quiche or baking dish.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan.
- Bake at 400 degrees until bubbly.
- Serve with pita chips or French baguette slices.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2118 Total Fat: 166g Saturated Fat: 72g Cholesterol: 357mg Sodium: 3011mg Carbohydrates: 67g Sugar: 18g Protein: 93g