These crsip-tender roasted green beans & mushrooms get huge flavor from balsamic vinegar and freshly grated parmesan and make a lovely and delicious additon to any meal.
I made these roasted green beans & mushrooms a few weeks ago for my friend Debra’s 50th birthday dinner. I put them in Deb’s oven to stay warm but forgot to take them out and put them on the buffet! I had planned to take a photo of them on the pretty white serving platter, but that didn’t happen. Hope the cookie sheet photo gives you an idea of the finished product:-)
Fresh green beans or haricort verts (thin green beans) are readily available in most stores, especially during the holiday season. Most uncut, fresh haricort verts come in 2 pound packages. I bought some lovely haricort verts from Trader Joe’s; a two pound bag was roughly $4.00.
Savvy suggestion: For these beans and any other roasted vegetables, a super large cookie sheet is a must have kitchen tool. Vegetables will only roast properly if spread in a thin layer allowing air to circulate around all sides. Crowded veggies = soggy veggies:-(
I use this 15 x 20 Wilton non-stick cookie pan. It has sides (so no grease spillovers) and is the largest cookie sheet you can buy. I have two of these and use them routinely for not only roasted vegetables, but big batches of cookies, big batches of these glazed nuts, and more.
This dish is a healthier way to make green beans, as they are cooked until just crisp tender, with a small amount of extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and fresh parmesan. The flavor is wonderful; the gulit is minimal!
Make ahead: The beans and mushrooms can (and should) be tossed with the oil, vinegar, and seasonings (minus the parmesan) early in the day. When ready to cook, it only takes 20-30 minutes to roast them. Super easy!
If you want another green bean recipe to try, my family loves these Mississippi green beans. They aren’t quite as healthy, but they are outstanding!!!
These are a super easy and yummy “green veggie” that would make a great addition to your holiday table. If you try these, I’d love to hear how you like them. As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!
- 2 pounds haricort verts, trimmed
- 1 box fresh mushrooms, sliced and rinsed (white or baby bella)
- 4 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 3 TB good balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- freshly ground pepper & kosher salt to taste
- 2-3 TB freshly ground parmesan
- Trim ends off of beans.
- Place beans & mushrooms in large ziploc bag.
- In small bowl, whisk EVOO, vinegar, salt, pepper & garlic powder until well combined.
- Pour mixture into bag with beans & mushrooms.
- Shake bag until marinade completely coats beans and mushrooms.
- Place in fridge until ready to roast mushrooms.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees; place rack in lower third of oven.
- Line a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread beans & mushrooms on cookie sheet until all beans lay flat and are not crowded.
- Roast beans & mushrooms for 10 minutes; remove and toss, spreading out on the pan.
- Return to oven; roast 10-20 minutes more or until beans are crisp tender.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle immediately with fresh parmesan.
- Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving Calories 492 Total Fat 55g Saturated Fat 7g Sodium 1mg