This Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Chopped Salad Copycat Recipe is outstanding and perfect to serve at a dinner party. Guests will go crazy for this salad!
For those who love the famous Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse salad, this recipe will be one of your faves. It will be a hit any time you serve it, and you’ll be asked for the recipe every time.
This salad comes as close to the original as you’re likely to find as far as taste and flavors; however, the steakhouse salad comes pressed in layers and served on individual plates. For most folks, this tossed version is just fine and takes much less prep time.
Make ahead: Most of the prep for this salad can be done a day ahead of time. I prefer prepping ahead and just assembling and tossing the day of serving.
- Rinse iceberg lettuce, spinning or drying well; store in fridge.
- Rinse cherry tomatoes; cut into halves.
- Boil eggs until done; refrigerate (do not peel until day of serving).
- Place hearts of palm in the fridge to chill (just place unopened cans directly in fridge).
- Make the lemon-basil dressing; store in fridge.
- Cook bacon until crisp; crumble and store in fridge.
The lemon-basil dressing is really yummy and actually tastes very similar to ranch. It calls for garlic-pepper seasoning (to taste). Although it can be found in stores, you might want to try making this homemade garlic-pepper seasoning. It takes just minutes to make and lasts for months.
I’d love to hear from you if you try the salad, so please feel free to leave comments. As always, thanks so very much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!