Sausage Swiss Hash Brown Quiche is a savory and yummy make ahead breakfast casserole.
I always make a breakfast casserole on Christmas Eve. This year, I changed a few ingredients in this Sausage Quiche with Hash Brown Crust and came up with this version. It turned out to be really yummy, so I’ll definitely be making this again.
The cheeses~Swiss and Parmesan~make this really rich and savory. I didn’t use much of either cheese; in fact, I only had 5 slices of Swiss from the deli. I chopped it into small pieces and got about 1/3 of a cup. Since Parmesan goes so well with Swiss, I sprinkled it on top before baking.
I hope you enjoy having yet another breakfast casserole in your recipe file:-) As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!!
- 1 package Simply Potatoes Hash Browns (minus about 1 cup)
- 3 TB unsalted butter, melted
- 1 lb hot breakfast sausage
- 1/3 cup Swiss cheese, grated or chopped
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup half and half
- grated Parmesan (enough to sprinkle on top)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In medium bowl, mix hash browns with melted butter until well combined.
- Press hash browns in pie plate sprayed with Pam.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until lightly golden.
- Brown sausage until completely cooked and slightly crusty.
- Sprinkle sausage over hash brown crust.
- Sprinkle Swiss cheese over sausage.
- Mix eggs and half and half in bowl; add salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour egg mixture over sausage & cheese.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake at 350 degrees 25 minutes or until bubbly and set.
- Allow to set for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 2944Total Fat 250gSaturated Fat 92gCholesterol 1075mgSodium 5071mgCarbohydrates 72gSugar 19gProtein 110g