Many of us desire to make big lifestyle changes, but few of us actually know where to begin. This week, I am joined by Melanie Roberson to discuss our favorite small habits that lead to big changes.
Episode At A Glance:
This week I am joined by my friend and guest Melanie Roberson to discuss healthy habits. We both share the small changes that have worked for us to facilitate big lifestyle changes. Whether you are looking to get on a consistent sleep schedule, spend more time in Scripture, develop a healthy exercise and eating routine, or keep a cleaner home, there is something for you in this episode!
Who Is Melanie Roberson?
Melanie Roberson lives in Hattiesburg, Mississippi with her husband John, a maxillofacial surgeon. She has two grown children and is currently making the most of an empty nest. Additionally, she has an inspiring love for healthy eating and living, which she shares on her Instagram and website. Melanie is one of my favorite “follows” because her delicious meals, strong faith, and positive outlook are so inspiring!
Melanie’s Helpful Daily Habits
- Before she goes to bed every night, Melanie loads her dishwater and fills a 24 oz yeti with lemon water to have the next morning
- After waking up, Melanie has her morning quiet time reading the book New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp. https://www.amazon.com/New-Morning-Mercies-Gospel-Devotional/dp/1433541386
- Melanie then goes to the gym every day at the same time.
- Before going to bed each night, Melanie stretched using ROMWOD stretching videos. This helps her to sleep better and improves flexibility.
- Lastly, Melanie typically makes a great salad for dinner each night and praises the importance of making your own salad dressings.
Jamie’s Helpful Daily Habits
- After I wake up, I always try to give my “first fruits” to the Lord. I listen to “The Bible In A Year” podcast with Fr. Mike Schmitz.
- I then make my bed every morning. I have found that this helps set the tone for your home by creating order and structure.
- Multitasking the small things in my life helps me to get more done during the day. For example, if I am running five minutes early to pilates class, I will stop to fill my car up with gas to avoid doing it later.
- When my house is messy, I try to clean out my fridge, freezer, and pantry. This reduces clutter and additional mess!
- I schedule intentional exercise into my day to get a structured routine and build in accountability.
- Another helpful habit is to run the dishwasher every night. I empty it while my coffee is brewing the next morning so I start the day with an empty dishwasher and clean dishes.
- Every Sunday I do meal prep for the week so I am do not have to worry about what I will eat each day.
- Lastly, I get in bed between 9 and 9:30 p.m. so that I can get on a great sleep schedule and hit the ground running in the morning.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp
- The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
- ROMWOD stretching videos
- “The Bible In A Year” podcast with Fr. Mike Schmitz
I hope you enjoyed this episode! As always, if you have time to rate, review, and subscribe to The SavvyCast on iTunes, it would be SO appreciated!!! Blessings to you!!!
If you like this podcast, check these out: