If you want professional grade dermaplaning without a trip to the aesthetician, read my Sonicsmooth (Michael Todd Beauty) Dermaplaning Review.
When I spotted the Sonicsmooth (by Michael Todd Beauty) in Ulta, I immediately searched reviews on my iPhone while in the store. I’ve had dermaplaning done by aestheticians and have always loved the results.
Before sharing my review, here are a few facts for those of you new to dermaplaning.
Who gets dermaplaning and why? Gals like me who have excessive facial vellus hair (aka peach fuzz) and/or dry flaky skin typically love the effects of dermaplaning. I have massive peach fuzz and often have dry skin flakes (depending upon the season and whether my Retin-A is balanced). I consider dermaplaning very effective, and doing it at home is hugely appealing to me.
What is the Sonicsmooth? It is a professional grade dermaplaning device designed for in-home use.
What is included in the Sonicsmooth Dermaplaning System?
Included with the Sonicsmooth System:
- Rechargeable Sonicsmooth with 3 settings
- 8 safety edge blades (2 month supply)
- charging cradle & charging cord
- degreasing prep cleaner
- soothing after treatment gel
How does it work? The sonicsmooth uses advanced sonic wave technology (with 3 speeds) along with a safety edge blade to painlessly remove facial vellus hair (peach fuzz) and tiny dead skin cells.
What are the results? Intended results are a painless removal of facial hair and dry skin cells yielding a softer, smoother face and a smoother foundation for beauty products and makeup.
My take on the Sonicsmooth: After one use, I saw immediate results. I was able to remove an area of dry skin and a sizable amount of peach fuzz. My skin was noticeably smoother and had a slight glow (whereas it had been dull and “pasty” before the treatment).
How I used the Sonicsmooth:
- I cleansed my face and followed with the charcoal mask (included).
- I followed the instructions on how to dermaplane (included).
- I applied the post dermaplaning serum after the process.
- After several hours, I applied makeup and went about my day.
Bottom Line: I LOVE the sonicsmooth and consider it a game changer. I’ve tried to remove facial hair with waxing, threading, and shaving. NONE work as well as dermaplaning (as they often have side effects such as redness and stubby regrowth).
I plan to do the dermaplaning once a week and make sure to order replacement blades before they run out.
Where to purchase?
I’ve linked below to three of the best places to purchase a Sonicsmooth. Click to scroll through the images or link to individual retailers below:
- Bed, Bath & Beyond is great place to purchase for several reasons. You can use a 20% coupon. You have 2 color choices. You can return for any reason (and basically any time) to any local store. Makes trying it out risk-free.
- Ulta Beauty also has this online and in stores. Coupons and Ulta reward dollars apply. Returns are easy to any local store.
- Amazon sells and ships (prime) directly from Michael Todd. Offers 2 color choices.
If any of you try the Sonicsmooth, please let me hear how you like it! It really is one of my new favorite beauty tools! As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Have a joyful, blessed & savvy day!!!