From soup to salad to casserole to candy, here are a few of my favorite recipes to make for Christmas week to serve for family and friends.
The Best Breakfast Recipes For Christmas
My fave recipes for a fabulous breakfast during Christmas are below. To go with these, I buy bakery cinnamon rolls and fresh fruit.
- Easy Make Ahead Spinach, Bacon & Gruyere Quiche is what I make every Christmas (a day or two ahead) to bake and serve on Christmas morning. Sharp, nutty Gruyere, bacon, and spinach are a flavorful trio that add huge flavor. Round this out with fruit and bakery cinnamon rolls or Danish pastries.
- Healthy Turkey Sausage Breakfast Cups are a delicious, savory breakfast recipe that can be served to those following a Paleo, Whole 30 or low-carb lifestyle. Turkey sausage, spinach, peppers, sweet potatoes, eggs and a few more ingredients combine to make a hearty healthy breakfast for the fitness fanatics amongst us.
The Best Candy and Cake to Serve or Gift During Christmas
- No-Bake White Chocolate Peanut Butter Candy is a hit. I get more DM’s and messages about this candy (my friend Barb’s recipe shared with me YEARS ago). It tastes like Reese’s white chocolate peanut butter cups “on steroids.” It is perfect to keep out for guests who drop by or give to mail carriers and helpers.
- This chocolate bundt cake from a cake mix is my fave cake in the world. It is so easy. Chocolate overload and everyone loves it. I share how to make, glaze, and freeze this in the blog post + video.
The Best Appetizers to Serve During Christmas
- These 3-Ingredient Apricot Glazed Party Meatballs are party food perfect. Easy. Crowd pleasing. Delicious.
- Visit my post, How to Make The Best Pimento Cheese (and My Fave Way to Serve It) for all you need to have everything ready to make a “Redneck Charcuterie Board” for any holiday gathering. I actually prefer this to most charcuteries (which says a lot about me, I am sure:-)
- This Black Bean, Corn & Feta Party Dip is a fresh & fabulous appetizer that everyone loves. It keeps well for days in the fridge, and all you need to go with it is a big bag of Tostitoes or Fritos scoops.
The Best Soups to Serve During Christmas
- This Best Ever Brunswick Stew is my family’s favorite soup that I make. Make it super easy by purchasing the smoked chicken and pork from your nearest BBQ place. Then, all you do is prep all the other ingredients, toss in the slow cooker, and leave all day. Serve with this jalapeño pimento cheese cornbread, and you will have happy campers at your house.
- Grandma Grace’s Vegetable Soup is a flavorful, healthy, vegetarian soup that is also a favorite of ours. Serve it with the jalapeño pimento cheese cornbread and no one will miss the meat:-)
The Best Casseroles to Serve During Christmas
- Best Baked Ziti for a Crowd makes TWO cheesy, meaty Italian dishes that are sure to please. Simply add Italian bread, salad and a dessert and dinner is done. This keeps and reheats like a dream:-)
- Mimi’s Old Faithful Lasagna is my friend Leslie Register’s fabulous recipe. She shared it with me (along with her photos), and it is a HIT! My friend Judy texted me yesterday that she served this last week to RAVES from family. The egg noodles make this a hit with my people. Try this; it is awesome!
- Chicken Tetrazzini is always a hit. This is the perfect dish to make in aluminum pans and take to someone who can’t travel during Christmas and who would enjoy a comforting meal.
The Best Salads to Serve During Christmas
- This Easy Peasy Baby Blue Salad is FAB, and it tastes like the famous Franklin’s Gourmet version that everyone loves but likely has no time to make (homemade glazed nuts? #aintnobodygottimeforthatLOL). I share all the ingredients that I use to make this taste as good without all the work.
- This Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Chopped Salad is my copycat, easier version of the original. I share the recipe for the salad + green goddess dressing along with a video of the ingredients and me making this.
I hope you enjoy some of MY fave recipes to make for Christmas. If you have ANY questions, feel free to ask in the comments below or DM me on @family_savvy instagram. As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Wishing you and yours a joyful, blessed, and savvy Christmas and year to come.