This Family Savvy review will answer the most common question about the NuFACE facial toning device: Does it really work?
With holidays on the horizon, many of you are kicking the tires about a NuFACE but are asking the same question that I did before I bought mine: “does it really work?” I can’t vouch for the science behind it, or how it might work for you, but I am happy to share my personal experience with the NuFACE.
What Exactly Is A NuFACE? The NuFACE is a handheld device that uses microcurrents (cleared by the FDA) for facial stimulation. The microcurrents are said to tone and sculpt the face with consistent and continual use. The most popular treatment done by most NuFace users is the 5-Minute Facelift which claims to improve facial contour, skin tone, and wrinkle reduction across the jawline, cheek area and forehead.
Which NuFACE is best~the NuFACE mini or the NuFACE Trinity? I use the Trinity and do NOT recommend the mini. I first bought the mini because it was less expensive. After a few months, it stopped working. I called NuFACE, and they explained that there is no “reset” button on the mini and no way to fix it if it stopped working. They allowed me to exchange the mini for a Trinity (and pay the difference). I LOVE the Trinity and have never had a problem with it, although it does have a reset button that fixes most issues.
How Long Have I Used a NuFACE: I purchased a NuFACE facial toning device a few Christmases ago after reading extensive reviews and also talking to a friend who swore by hers. The first 12 weeks are supposed to show the most visible results, so I share what I noticed in the beginning.
My First 12 Weeks Using the NuFACE:
- Daily use consisted of 5 minutes of doing passes on the cheeks, forehead, and jawline.
- After a few days, my skin felt tighter, I it had more of a glowy look (as opposed to a flat, pasty one).
- On day 7 of using the device, my husband asked “have you done something to your face?” He told me it looked “smooth and tight” and that it looked like I had done some sort of treatment.
- Week 2 is when I began noticing more dramatic improvement. My cheeks seemed more sculpted, and overall, my face looked and felt firmer.
- After 12 weeks of using the NuFACE consistently, I noticed enough difference to state that, for me, it has made a significant improvement in my overall facial tone and appearance. I noticed such a difference that it has motivated me to use it consistently (approximately 5-6 days a week) to this day.
My Current NuFACE Routine:
- I use the NuFACE most weekdays and always in the morning.
- I follow the NuFACE with a gentle washing with my Clarisonic Mia.
- After the NuFACE and Clarisonic, I dry my face and apply this Vitamin C serum (I blog about it here).
Where is the best place to buy a NuFACE? I did a scan last week (Nove 2018) and found that the prices are basically the same on most sites; some may throw in a bonus or two. I link to all of the places below.
Savvy tip: When prices are the same, I usually always choose the site with the largest Ebates return. I’ve made almost $200 back this year and wish I’d joined Ebates sooner. If you aren’t a member, click here to join. Be sure to put the button on your web browser so that you will get popups telling you how much back at each site you visit.
Below is a quick video showing my almost daily NuFACE routine and how a NuFACE works. Pardon the no makeup face; it is scary! LOL
I hope this helps, and I wish I could say with 100% certainty that it would work for you. My bottom line is this: it is part of my routine and works for me (at least in my mind:-). If you have any feedback on the NuFACE, please share in the comments. It would be helpful to hear from others, and I always love feedback.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Please feel free to contact me any time about anything:-) As always, wishing you a joyful, blessed, and savvy day!!!