For all my fellow bra minimalists, you might just love these bras that cover the girls with no frills, fluff or froufrou.
If comfort and coverage top your list of bra requirements, you might just love one or more of these bras that cover the girls with no frills, fluff or froufrou. Don’t get me wrong; I am all for fluff and frill on some things, just not my bra.
If I am going to wear something all day every day, I want it comfy. To me, lace is itchy. Underwire always digs into my ribs. That sticky tape on some bras is annoying. And I’ve never liked padded bras that increased cup size. A little lift is fine (and much needed) but without padding, for me at least.
For those of you with bra preferences similar to mine, these bras might be right up your alley. Since I link to these online, I’d like to first share a few of my bra shopping tips and rules of thumb:
- Always read the size guides and reviews before ordering a new bra. Sizes can vary greatly depending upon the brand and style of a bra.
- When in doubt, order up a size. It is impossible to make a too-tight bra work. One that is a bit larger can be adjusted with back hooks.
- Order from retailers with easy returns. This enables you to buy an extra size or two and return what doesn’t work with no hassles.
- Analyze your wardrobe before buying bras. Make a list of how many bras you need based on type (strapless, t-shirt, convertible) and color (nude or black).
- Stock up on strapless. I feel like strapless bras are almost more useful than everyday bras. You can wear a strapless with any outfit; you can’t use an everyday bra with all outfits. I like to have at least 2 nude and 2 black strapless on hand for any occasion.
- Keep bra inserts on hand. They are super easy to tuck inside a bra or underneath a bandeau to #hidethenips. If you don’t have inserts, good old bandaids will suffice.
Below is my list of no frills, no fluff, no froufrou bras. I hope you find something that works wonderfully for you! If so, please leave comments in the post. As always, thanks so very much for stopping by. Wishing you a joyful, no frills, and savvy day!!!