I’ve tried many, and this is the BEST coffee-ice cream punch for a shower, tea or brunch. It is fabulous!!!
The Classic Coffee Ice Cream Punch for Showers
Two recipes: Coffee concentrate + Coffee-Ice Cream Punch
Homemade coffee concentrate.
The foundation for coffee-ice cream punch is a coffee concentrate made from regular (not instant) coffee. This coffee concentrate recipe from Southern Living was adapted from the Commander’s Kitchen cookbook. You make this concentrate ahead and store in the fridge for up to one month. Below is how I store my coffee concentrate. I always label it just to make sure it doesn’t get confused with all the other beverages in my fridge.
Consider making a coffee ice mold
An easy and novel way to keep coffee-ice cream punch cold is to make a coffee ice mold. For convenience, I use purchased cold brew coffee (like Strok or Chamelon) for the mold. Simply pour the coffee into the mold, freeze it, and add to the punch bowl after mixing the punch. You could also use ice cube trays or other freezable mold shapes to freeze the coffee for the punch.
A video: putting it all together.
- COFFEE CONCENTRATE:
- 1 pound dark roast ground coffee
- 3 1/2 quarts cold water
- COFFEE PUNCH:
- 1 quart coffee concentrate, chilled
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- dash of salt
- 1 quart of vanilla ice cream
- 1 quart of chocolate ice cream
- garnishes: whipping cream, chocolate shavings
- Stir together coffee and water; make sure all ground coffee is wet. Let mixture sit for 12 hours at room temperature.
- Pour coffee mixture through a large, fine wire-mesh strainer, discarding grounds. Clean strainer; place a coffee filter or double layer of cheesecloth in strainer, and pour coffee mixture through lined strainer. Return coffee concentrate mixture to container. Chill up to one month.
- Whisk together coffee concentrate and next 3 ingredients.
- Scoop vanilla and chocolate ice creams into a punch bowl; add Coffee Concentrate mixture, gently stirring until ice cream slightly melts.
- Serve punch in glass mugs. Garnish, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 13 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 83mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 4g