How to Save Big Money Every Time With This Shopping Hack
Here’s how to save big money every time~ even on luxury items~with the shopping hack that I use EVERY time I make an online purchase.
There are many “tips and tricks” in my “shop savvy” arsenal, but Rakuten Ebates one has to be my very favorite! I have used Rakuten for over three years, and in the process, I have saved over $1,800!
What Is Rakuten and How Does It Work?
Rakuten is a program that pays cash back to shoppers who make purchases online at affiliate stores that are listed on the Rakuten website. There are myriad stores, but a few faves are Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Athleta, Bloomingdales, and Macy’s. Affiliates also include restaurants, hotels, and delivery services (i.e. Shari’s Berries). Each time you visit an online shop, if you have your Rakuten browser button installed, you will get a pop-up reminder that also shows exactly how much cash back is offered by the store at which you are shopping. Once you click the activate savings button, you will get confirmation that you are getting savings with the “congratulations” button. It really is that easy!
Rakuten is My Favorite Way to Save Money Shopping:
Some things are a “no-brainer” when it comes to shopping smart and shopping savvy. Rakuten (formerly Ebates) is one. I never shop without this fabulous cash-back shopping tool! I have the Rakuten extension button on both internet browsers (safari and chrome), and I have the Rakuten app on my iPhone.
What is The Rakuten “Big Fat Check”?
Rakuten pays its users with a “Big Fat Check” every three months. There is a set schedule (shown below). It took me a while to start learning to use Rakuten automatically every time I shop, so my first few checks were small. But when I started shopping with Rakuten every time, my earnings increased!
How to Start Earning Cash Back With Rakuten:
- Sign Up: You can sign up here for Rakuten and start earning cashback immediately! When you use my referral code, you support Family Savvy and also get a $30 bonus when you spend $30!
- Install the Rakuten button on your browser: Once you are signed up for Rakuten, you’ll need to install the cash back button on your browser. Instructions for how to do this are here.
- Download the Rakuten app on your phone: This allows you to use Rakuten for shopping online and in stores with your phone. If you use the Rakuten app to shop in an actual store, you will need to “link” a credit card within the app.
Can you believe the savings below? Gucci belts NEVER go on sale; however, this is one way to get one for less.
A Few Tips From Me to You:
- Macy’s is a great place to buy Breville with Rakuten cash back. In this post, I share how I saved on a Nespresso Creatista.
- Always check the Rakuten app or site to see what’s trending. Double cash back days are common (and add up).
- Online cash back is almost always more significant than in store cash back.
- You can use your store credit cards with Rakuten online but not on the mobile app. When I shop Saks Fifth Avenue, I do it online so that I can use my Saks card (which accumulates reward points). Why can’t this be done in store? Because the only credit cards you can “link to” from your phone are major credit cards (i.e. Visa, Amex).
I hope this has been helpful. I can’t recommend this Rakuten shopping hack highly enough. I’d love to hear from any of you who have comments. If you have it, share your tips in the comments below!!! As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay (Rakuten) savvy!!!
Yay, Leslie! So glad you’ll start saving too:-) Every little bit counts:-) XoXo
I’m signed up!!! Thanks for sharing the ebates.com button. It has so many of my favorite sites and shops. I’m going to use it a lot. What a great find!!!