As February 14th draws near, I am joining some of my favorite blogger friends for a fabulous giveaway, and I am sharing my Valentine’s Day Gift Guide and tips on lasting love as well.
Love is in the air at my house. This weekend, my oldest twin got engaged. This is the perfect time for me to get with fellow bloggers and share a wonderful chance for a giveaway that will be PERFECT for Valentine’s Day (or any day of the year).
Valentine’s Day Giveaway!!!
I’m excited about teaming up with some sweet friends and fellow bloggers for a fun Valentine’s Day giveaway. Deanna, Meredith and I enjoyed planning this Valentine’s Day giveaway as we enjoyed coffee and these yummy strawberry brownies.
Valentine’s Day 2019 Giveaway
Here are the details!
- A night’s stay at Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa with a $50 culinary credit and a deluxe couples massage package. (Winner will have one year to redeem.)
- A luxury fragrance experience at Gus Mayer Birmingham. An expert will match your tastes and preferences to one of the finest luxury fragrances in the world, including Bond No.9, House of Creed, Hermes and more. Take home a bottle of fragrance valued at up to $400* (Subject to availability).
To Enter, you must:
- Subscribe to my newsletter (in the sidebar of the page).
Then, head to Instagram:
- Follow @thesouthernsource and @wellandworthylife on Instagram
- Subscribe to their newsletters
- Tag with 2 friends in the comments
Now for my gift guide, tips for lasting love, and a link to my blogger friends’ Valentine’s Day posts as well!!!
If you’d rather skip the flowers and have something you’ll really use, send this gift guide to your honey:-)
Valentine’s Day Gift Guide 2019
Now some tips on lasting love, from an older married gal whose marriage has seen it all (but is thankfully still going strong).
Tips on Lasting Love
- Love is a CHOICE. Choose to love through good and bad (you’ll have both, trust me).
- Keep God at the center. We read Ecclesiastes 4:9-7 at our wedding and it is true. A 3-fold cord is not easily broken.
- Always do marriage work. Mr. Roy Gilbert, a wise mentor to us and to many, told us early on to ALWAYS be involved in marriage work. A class. Couples small group. Marriage counseling. Marriage retreats. Zane and I plan to go to this marriage event on February 15-16; if you want to join us, click here.
- Work on yourself~not your mate. It took me years to learn this but it is life changing. The only one I can change is myself. In marriage counseling or work, go with the desire to get what you need~not what you think your spouse needs.
- Ride the waves; old love is worth it. Young love can be difficult; old love is worth the wait. Zane and I are happier and closer now than we ever were in those (often rough) early years.
- Have strong support. Family and friends who support your marriage are important. When times get rough, go to them. Be accountable. Let them bring you out of the hole before things get too bad.
- Pray together. Statistics show that couples who pray together~even if for a few minutes daily~rarely divorce. Make this a habit. It will pay off.
- Read The 5 Love Languages and His Needs Her Needs (both are in my gift guide).
To read my friends’ Valentine’s Day posts, link to their blogs below.
The giveaway will close on January 28 @11:59 PM. The winners will be chosen on January 29. Good luck! :) #ValentinesDayGiveaway