It is so easy to make slow-roasted cherry tomatoes for the best appetizer ever~served atop toasted baguettes with soft herb cheese. Delicious!
Fresh ingredients make these delicious.
Since you only have a few ingredients, use the highest quality you have! Good EVOO, real minced garlic, and the freshest tomatoes you can find. This is the beauty of this recipe….it is FRESH and DELICIOUS!
What tomatoes are best for roasting?
The best tomatoes for roasting are the ones with the least liquid. Roma and cherry tomatoes are almost always good. Whichever tomato you use, simply cut the pieces into uniform sizes. Discard any pulp or liquid that might be in the tomatoes and only use the meaty portion.
How do you store roasted cherry tomatoes?
You can cover roasted cherry tomatoes with EVOO and keep in a jar (refrigerated). I keep mine in an airtight container drizzled with a bit of EVOO. They are so delicious, I rarely have leftovers.
How do you eat roasted cherry tomatoes?
You can enjoy roasted cherry tomatoes straight off of the baking sheet, in a bowl with a huge chunk of artisan bread, or on top of toasted baguette slices. My favorite way to serve them is as follows:
- Spray or drizzle EVOO on French baguette slices; toast them.
- Spread Alouette Garlic & Herb cheese on the baguette slices.
- Spoon tomatoes atop the cheese. Serve and enjoy!!!
I hope you’ll give this easy, fresh recipe a try. You will be surprised at how delicious something that is so easy can be. As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh rosemary sprigs or basil ribbons (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Toss cherry tomatoes in EVOO; add all seasonings.
- Mix tomatoes until well coated with oil and seasonings.
- Spread tomatoes on a large baking sheet.
- Bake until they begin to shrivel and caramelize (usually 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Serve on toasted baguettes spread with Alouette garlic herb cheese.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 81Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 0mgSodium 268mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 2gSugar 9gProtein 1g