Paula Deen (aka The Queen) created a Chessmen Banana Pudding Dessert that is a delightful twist on traditional banana pudding.
Always a hit, Chessmen Banana Pudding Dessert is a twist on traditional banana pudding.
I remember the first time I tasted this version of banana pudding. I immediately asked “who made this?” and got the recipe that very night. I’ve made this every time banana pudding is on the menu. It is literally always a hit. I’ve never served it when someone didn’t ask for the recipe.
What is Traditional Banana Pudding?
Traditional banana pudding typically has a boiled custard base that contains eggs. In other words, “real” banana pudding is homemade pudding~not the easy Jell-O pudding (which I actually prefer to homemade). Vanilla wafer cookies usually top traditional banana pudding recipes.
What is Chessmen Banana Pudding?
This version of Chessmen banana pudding uses simple, easy to assemble ingredients that require no cooking. Milk, instant pudding, cream cheese, condensed milk, bananas and Chessmen cookies.
What are Chessmen cookies?
Pepperidige Farms Chessmen cookies are butter cookies that have chessmen on them. Seasonal cookies will often have flowers and other cookie stamps. In this post, you’ll get to see the “Spring version” of the cookies with flowers and such:-). During the Fall/Winter season, you’ll likely find a holiday version of the cookies as well.
Can you make Chessmen Banana Pudding Dessert Ahead?
This dessert is perfect to make a day ahead, especially if you prefer softer cookies. It can be put together in less than 15 minutes and chilled and ready to serve after several hours in the fridge. In the video at the top of the page, I show how easy it is as I make it for a party (one day ahead).
For another simple, delicious, make-ahead treat that everybody loves, try my Chocolate Eclair Dessert.
Have you had this version of banana pudding? If so, do you like it as much or better than traditional banana pudding? I’d love to hear your thoughts, so please comment beneath the post. I try to reply quickly to everyone who writes. And please visit our Family Savvy storefront to see all my amazon faves and must-haves for you, your home and your loved ones.
As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Wishing you a joyful, blessed, and savvy day!!!
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes vanilla instant pudding (smaller boxes)
- 5-6 bananas, sliced
- 2 (8 ounce) bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen Cookies
- Line the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.
- In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer.
- Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth.
- Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended.
- Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 95Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 6mgSodium 65mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 1gSugar 8gProtein 3g