How to Make a Healthy Egg Roll Stir Fry
This delicious Egg Roll Stir Fry makes a quick and easy family meal without the carb-heavy wrapper!
“Inside out egg roll” or “egg roll in a bowl” is a yummy and quick recipe to make for your family. What makes this dish special is the addition of turkey and lots and lots of veggies, making this healthier than having a regular egg roll. With the savory sauces and crunchy veggies, this is sure to be a recipe you love and share!
What makes Egg Roll Stir Fry healthy?
Because of the lack of wrappers, this meal is much healthier than a regular egg roll dish. It eliminates a lot of the empty carbs that a normal egg roll has. Also, the addition of turkey and veggies helps this meal to be a lot healthier. Both the lean meat in combination with all of the veggies makes this meal wonderful for a great family dinner.
What is the sauce made of?
When making a delicious Egg Roll Stir Fry, the sauce is one of the most important parts of the recipe. Undoubtedly, this is what gives the dish that savory, yummy flavor. It has soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar, and sriracha, which brings the perfect flavor! Once mixed together, they create that savory taste you are looking for when you make an Asian-inspired dish!
Is Egg Roll Stir Fry easy to make?
Yes! This stir fry dish is super easy to make. Since there are only a few steps in this recipe, it makes it a super quick meal, perfect for those busy weekdays. Because this recipe has very few steps, it does not include a lot of prep time for the meat or for the veggies.
How do you get the vegetables to steam quickly?
In order for the veggies to steam quickly, it helps to add a little bit of water to the pan. If you try to just stir fry them, they are going to burn before they cook! Another helpful tip is that if you want to steam the veggies well, then cover them with a pan lid. The veggies will absorb the moisture and quickly cook to the most perfect consistency!
Watch Me Make This Fabulous Egg Roll Stir Fry Dish
What goes well with Egg Roll Stir Fry?
You can try this dish with My Perfect Rice Every time in the Oven! This dish is low on carbs and if you want a little more something then this rice is perfect with the stir fry!
If you like this recipe, check these out too:
- Roasted Japanese Eggplant with Parmesan You Will Rave About
- Turkey Spinach Feta Meatloaf You Will Absolutely Enjoy
Let me know how you enjoy this fabulous dish in the comments below. As always, thank you so much for stopping by. Be blessed and stay savvy!!!
Egg Roll Stir Fry
This stir fry is like eating an egg roll without the wrapper!
- 1/2 head cabbage, sliced into chiffonade with serrated knife
- 1/c cup carrots, diced or julienned
- 1-2 TB freshly minced ginger
- 3/4 lb ground beef (or pork)
- 4-5 scallions, sliced thinly
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 2 TB rice vinegar
- 2 TB brown sugar
- 2 TB sesame oil
- 1 TB sriracha (or more to taste)
- salt & pepper to taste
- extra soy sauce to taste
- sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- In small bowl, place soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar & sriracha.
- Mix sauce until well blended; set aside.
- In skillet over medium heat, brown beef or pork, breaking into small pieces during cooking.
- Add scallions, garlic & ginger after meat begins to turn mostly brown.
- Continue cooking until meat is fully browned.
- Drain all grease from pan; return to stovetop.
- CABBAGE MIXTURE:
- Add cabbage & carrots to skillet with browned meat.
- Heat over medium-high, stirring until mixed well.
- Stir fry until cabbage is desired consistency~wilted or crisp.
- Pour sauce over mixture; stir until heated through.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 433Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 76mgSodium 1392mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 6gSugar 12gProtein 29g