My Turkey Spinach Feta Meatloaf is a healthy and creative dish. This recipe creates individually sized meatloaves that are absolutely delicious!
As someone who loves meatloaf, the Turkey Spinach Feta Meatloaf is a great and inventive way to switch things up! You don’t need to worry about the moisture as this meatloaf stays together when cooking. With individual serving sizes, this recipe is ready to be shared at the dinner table! Without a doubt, Turkey Spinach Feta Meatloaf is perfect for your family dinner.
How Do You Keep Turkey Meatloaf From Falling Apart?
Most commonly, the reason why it falls apart is that it doesn’t have enough binding agents. To keep everything together, a meatloaf needs a combination of wet and dry ingredients. Some of these ingredients include eggs, panko crumbs and feta cheese. Since this meatloaf is packed with binding agents, it stays together well while cooking and during serving.
How Can I Make Meatloaf Moist?
There are several methods to make meatloaf moist and here are a few of those ways:
- Add milk to the bread/panko crumbs and make a “panade” or paste that binds the meat together and gives it moisture. This turkey meatloaf gets moisture from the ingredients added in, for example, sautéed mushrooms, egg, and feta cheese.
- Add some sauce on top. The sauce adds extra moisture that locks in while cooking and also adds to the yummy flavor. But remember to spray the pan! Turkey does not have a lot of fat on its own. It helps to keep the moisture when cooking.
Enjoying A Delicious Weeknight Meal:
This meatloaf is the perfect meal for family dinner because of how easy it is to serve and make. Since this dish is split into servings when cooking, you easily distribute it to the whole family.
This recipe is so simple that you only need to do it for 20 minutes! The cooking time would take around 40. The minimal ingredients and tasks make this meal undoubtedly quick and easy to throw together during a busy week! Therefore, if you are looking for something to serve your family, this is a PERFECT choice.
What Goes Well with Turkey Spinach Feta Meatloaf?
Watch Me Make Turkey Spinach Feta Meatloaf:
If you like this recipe, check these out too:
Let me know how you enjoy this fabulous dish in the comments below. As always, thank you so much for stopping by. Be blessed and stay savvy!!!
- 2 lbs (32 oz) ground turkey
- 8-12 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup panko crumbs (or homemade)
- 3/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 2 TB Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 1 cup jarred BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Saute mushrooms and onion in butter; season with salt & pepper. When tender, set aside.
- Pleace turkey in large bowl.
- Add sauteed mushrooms and onion.
- Add panko, beaten egg, Worcestershire.
- Gently fold turkey with all ingredients until well blended.
- Spread meat mixture in meatloaf pans.
- Spread with half of BBQ sauce.
- Bake meatloaves 40-50- minutes or until 165 F in the center. They must be at least 165 F to be safe to eat.
- Brush remaining BBQ sauce on meatlaoves; return to oven.
- Increase heat to broil to quickly brown the meatloaves and firm up the glaze. Watch carefully so meat will not burn.
- Allow to sit 10 minutes before slicing/serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 251Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 59mgSodium 582mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 7gSugar 18gProtein 12g