This crisp-tender, slightly caramelized oven-roasted Brussels sprouts are easy to make and so delicious, even Brussels sprouts haters are often converted!
Brussels sprouts have always been given a bad rap, and understandably so. If not cooked properly, they are pretty much “yuk.” But Brussels sprouts seasoned well and roasted properly are literally one of the best veggies you’ll ever eat.
Since I originally wrote this post two years ago, I’ve changed one thing about how I cook these that has made a huge difference.
Instead of using a standard 11 x 13 baking dish, I now use a large baking sheet. This Nordic Ware Big Sheet is perfect for spreading the Brussels sprouts so that they don’t touch during cooking (which causes them to steam rather than roast). The only way to achieve perfectly crispy, caramelized edges is to use a large enough baking sheet.
If you’ve never tried oven-roasted Brussels sprouts, you really should; they are outstanding. My whole family loves these, and I cook them almost once a week. To add interest and another layer of flavor, I often cut a sweet potato or two into cubes to roast with them. So yummy!
I’d love to hear from you if you try this recipe, so please feel free to leave comments. Thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!
Update: Since filming the video below, I’ve learned best results come from using the largest baking sheet possible (so I no longer use the white baking dish).
- 4 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- freshly grated parmesan to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Rinse Brussels sprouts and remove stem and outer layer of leaves.
- Cut sprouts in halves (thirds if they are very large).
- In a medium bowl, toss sprouts with EVOO until well coated.
- Spread sprouts evenly on a large baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake at 425 degrees until edges are slightly crisp and beginning to brown (30-40 minutes).
- Remove from oven; drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with parmesan.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 161Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 1mgSodium 120mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 4gSugar 8gProtein 4g