With chicken Caesar parmesan for the freezer, you will be able to make a hearty and delicious chicken parmesan in no time! The succulent cutlets are already coated in Parmesan, panko, and Caesar seasonings~fully cooked and ready to go!
Since I am always trying to figure out how to make cooking easier, I decided to make a batch of chicken parmesan ahead of time. These chicken parmesan cutlets can be stored in the freezer and pulled out to use as needed. You can have chicken parmesan for one or for four~just pull out as many pieces as you need. All you need to add is mozzarella, pasta sauce, and fresh parmesan to make the dish complete. The dish bakes easily from frozen; the chicken does not need to be defrosted or thawed before cooking.
Note: If you don’t want to freeze the chicken for later, just follow the recipe below and skip the freezing part. The chicken can be made early in the day and kept in the fridge until ready to make the dish. I also like to boil my pasta ahead of time, toss with EVOO, and store in a gallon ziploc. A quick zap in the microwave is all it takes to reheat for dinner.
The recipe is below along with a few snapshots from my kitchen. It really is super easy, and it is SO nice to have pre-breaded and fried cutlets to use when needed. If you make these, please let me hear how you like them! Thanks so much for reading! Be blessed, and stay savvy!
- FOR CHICKEN:
- 3 fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 TB Johnny's Great Caesar Garlic Spread (from Costco~optional but SO good)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- FOR ENTIRE DISH
- 2 cups shredded mozarella
- 1 jar pasta sauce or marinara (2 jars if you like extra sauce on the side)
- dried spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- TO PREPARE CHICKEN:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut breasts in half; butterfly if they are thick.
- Pound with a meat mallet until thin~1/2 " is good size.
- Marinate chicken in buttermilk for at least an hour; overnight is even better.
- Toss Panko crumbs, Parmesan, Ceasar seasoning, salt & pepper in low, flat dish.
- Whisk eggs in another dish.
- Heat EVOO to 300-325 degrees on stovetop or in electric skillet.
- Remove chicken from marinade; dip in egg, then dip in crumb mixture~coating well.
- Fry chicken in skillet until crumbs are golden (roughly 4 minutes per side).
- Cook chicken in oven until cooked to 165 degrees on meat thermometer.
- Let chicken cool at room temp for 30 minutes.
- Flash freeze chicken in freezer for an hour or more.
- Place frozen cutlets in freezer bag, removing all air, and place in freezer.
- FOR CHICKEN PARMESAN:
- Place frozen chicken parmesan cutlets in baking dish.
- Pour pasta sauce over to completely cover chicken.
- Cover with foil; bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil; sprinkle cutlets with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Return to oven, baking until cheeses are melted and temperature is at least 165 degrees.
- Serve over pasta.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 2495Total Fat 144gSaturated Fat 26gCholesterol 312mgSodium 3031mgCarbohydrates 153gSugar 29gProtein 132g