Slow cooker root beer pulled pork is a 3-ingredient recipe that makes fall-apart tender, sweet & tangy pulled pork perfect for sandwiches, sliders, or served with yummy sides.
This is one of the easiest recipes ever, and the end result is a nice batch of tangy, subtly sweet pork that kids and adults will enjoy.
This recipe is truly foolproof. I often make this at the beginning of the week and use the leftovers for lunches. It makes great sliders or sandwiches. It can also be used to make this yummy Slow Cooker Brunswick Stew.
If we are having a big group over, I sometimes serve this with my favorite crunchy slaw, best ever mac & cheese, and foolproof chocolate chess pie. If using more pork than 2 pounds, I add more root beer and sauce accordingly.
Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork
- 12 oz root beer (don’t use diet)
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce (I use Bob Gibson’s red)
- pork tenderloins (about 2 pounds)
- Pour the root beer over the pork.
- Cook on low in slow cooker for 6 hours or until meat shreds easily with a fork.
- After meat is done, pour off juice, shred with a fork, and pour barbecue sauce over shredded meat.
- Keep warm in slow cooker.