These chickpea chocolate chip blondies are flourless, gluten free, protein laden, and beyond delicious!
One of my twins’ dearest Samford friends and my “other daughter” made these chickpea chocolate chip blondies for our family during Easter weekend. From Charleston, N.C., Maddy was unable to go home for the holiday, so we were lucky enough to have her with us.
She cooked up a storm in my kitchen, and these treats were one of the biggest hits. These brownies literally taste sinful; NO ONE would ever guess they were made from chick peas.
When I took the first bite of these blondies, I asked Maddy immediately to send me the recipe…..I knew I’d be making these again and again. She sent me the link to JoyFoodSunshine, and she told me that she made the blondies per the recipe except instead of coconut sugar, she used Swerve.
Swerve sugar substitute: I keep Swerve on hand for baked goods like these blondies and these Keto Pecan Pie Squares. Swerve is sold in most grocery stores and is the #1 selling sugar substitute on amazon.
Substitutions: There are several substitutions you can make with this recipe.
- Swerve sugar substitute OR your choice of sugar (coconut is an unrefined option)
- honey OR maple syrup
- almond milk OR dairy
- chickpeas OR cannellini (white beans)
Make ahead: These chickpea chocolate chip blondies will keep well for several days in the fridge in an airtight container (they need to be refrigerated). They can be eaten cold, but if you want them warm and gooey~put them in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. They taste just made and SO decadent:-)
If you make these blondies, I’d LOVE to hear what you think, so please leave comments at the end of the post. As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Hoping you have a joyful, blessed & savvy day!!!
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup Swerve granular sugar substitute (or your choice of sugar)
- 1 TB almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- extra sea salt & chocolate chips for the top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8" or 9" glass baking pan and set aside.
- Put all ingredients except chocolate chips into blender or food processor.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Once smooth, add chocolate chips and mix by hand.
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle a few chocolate chips and sea salt on top, if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 mintues until the edges just pull away from the pan and top is golden.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1659 Total Fat: 91g Carbohydrates: 186g Protein: 36g