This egg roll stir fry is the yummiest (and healthiest) part of an egg roll! It is so flavorful that you will not miss the deep-fried, carb-laden wrapper.
This egg roll stir fry is quick and easy to throw together, and it really is delicious. It is basically like eating the inside of an egg roll and skipping the deep frying and the wrapper. This recipe is great for those who want to cut carbs, and I think this falls into the Paleo category as well.
I serve this alongside some of my Asian faves from Trader Joe’s, particularly the potstickers and orange chicken. All of this makes a huge, authentic tasting Chinese meal at half the price of eating out.
Let me know if you try this; comments are always appreciated! Thanks always for stopping by and for being a reader. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!
- 1/2 head cabbage, sliced into chiffonade with serrated knife
- 1/c cup carrots, diced or julienned
- 1-2 TB freshly minced ginger
- 3/4 lb ground beef (or pork)
- 4-5 scallions, sliced thinly
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 2 TB rice vinegar
- 2 TB brown sugar
- 2 TB sesame oil
- 1 TB sriracha (or more to taste)
- salt & pepper to taste
- extra soy sauce to taste
- sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- In small bowl, place soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar & sriracha.
- Mix sauce until well blended; set aside.
- In skillet over medium heat, brown beef or pork, breaking into small pieces during cooking.
- Add scallions, garlic & ginger after meat begins to turn mostly brown.
- Continue cooking until meat is fully browned.
- Drain all grease from pan; return to stovetop.
- CABBAGE MIXTURE:
- Add cabbage & carrots to skillet with browned meat.
- Heat over medium-high, stirring until mixed well.
- Stir fry until cabbage is desired consistency~wilted or crisp.
- Pour sauce over mixture; stir until heated through.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 433Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 76mgSodium 1392mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 6gSugar 12gProtein 29g