From parmesan-crusted creamed corn to Easy Peasy Baby Bleu salad and more, these 7 side dishes are perfect for holidays (or any day) when delicious food will be taking center stage amongst family and friends.
Turkey and ham and roast are definitely the big guns for holiday meals, but the sides are just as important. I’m sharing 7 of my favorite sides that always deliver. Folks love these dishes, and many (if not most) can be made ahead of time.
7 Side Dishes that are Perfect for Holidays (or Any Day)
- Boursin Potato Gratin is a fancier than normal potato dish that is rich, delicious, and lovely if served in an oven to table stoneware dish. Boursin is sold at most grocers, but I include a recipe for it in the post for those who want to make their own.
- Linda Evans’ Corn Pudding Recipe is hands down one of my favorite side dishes. It is a savory cheese side that gets the perfect kick from jalapeños.
- Mississippi Green Beans are a simple, homey green bean side but they are ALWAYS a hit. They go with any meat, and even kiddos will eat these.
- Roasted Green Beans with Mushrooms are a bit more elegant than the Mississippi green beans and can be served if the party is a bit more formal.
- Parmesan-crusted Creamed Corn tastes super fancy but is actually a doctored version of the beloved McKenzie’s frozen silver queen corn. It is FAB and also can be made a day ahead.
- Gourmet Gruyere Cheese Grits are my #1 side any time and always. The best grits I’ve ever eaten. Even better, they can be made ahead, refrigerated up to 2 day, and baked just before serving.
- Easy Peasy Baby Bleu Salad is an easy version of the famous Franklin’s Homewood Gourmet salad. I share all the convenience products that make it easy peasy:-)
These sides are all so wonderful; you can’t go wrong making any one of them! Please let me hear from you if you make one (or more) of these. Leave comments below with any feedback, suggestions or other. As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Wishing you a joyful, blessed, and savvy day!!!