This week Ellie Hiller and Gena Pitts join The SavvyCast to answer listener-submitted questions about women’s health.
Episode At A Glance:
This week on The Savvy Cast, I am joined by two special guests- my daughter Ellie Hiller and Geena Pitts. Ellie is the owner of Vulcan Nutrition, where she and Geena both work as nutrition coaches. In this extremely informative episode, Ellie and Gena answer listener-submitted questions regarding women’s health. They share their expert opinions on topics such as what supplements are “worth it,” the ideal forms of exercise for women, intermittent fasting, and so much more!
Who Is Ellie Hiller?
Besides being my daughter, Ellie Hiller is also a certified nutrition coach at Vulcan Nutrition in Birmingham, Alabama. Before becoming a nutrition coach, Ellie received her RN/BSN from Samford’s Ida B. Moffet School of Nursing. Ellie describes her ideal client as anyone without a preexisting medical condition who wants to improve their health. She takes each client on a highly personalized journey to a lifestyle change that is effective and sustainable.
Who Is Geena Pitts?
During her competitive CrossFit years, Geena was also pursuing a Master’s degree in Exercise Science. She held a graduate assistantship position and worked with the Children’s Physical Activity and Research Group. She also aided with multiple research projects about exercise and supplementation (one is in the process of being published!)After graduation, Geena taught Exercise Physiology at the University of South Alabama and continued as a research assistant. Nutrition has always been one of Geena’s favorite topics of research & discussion. She has dedicated hours of study to nutrition and habit-based changes. Geena is eager to help educate clients about nutrition and to figure out how to best help meet his or her goals.
Questions Answered In This Episode:
- What supplements are worth it?
- Does it matter if you do cardio or weights first in a workout?
- What should we be including in our workouts, especially for women?
- Is there such a thing as too much cardio?
- Is walking considered cardio?
- What are the best ways to minimize the symptoms of menopause?
- How can I prevent hair thinning?
- What do you think about intermittent fasting?
- Should we eliminate dairy and gluten from our diet to lose weight?
- What are the best exercises for osteopenia?
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Fall Off The Bone Baby Back Ribs
- Follow Ellie, Geene, and Vulcan Nutrition on Instagram (@elliehiller, @geena.pitts, @the_vulcan_nutrition)
- Vulcan Nutrition website
Whey protein powder – Use code elliehiller10 for 10% off
Vegan protein powder – Use code elliehiller10 for 10% off
Creatine– Use code elliehiller10 for 10% off
I hope you enjoyed this episode! As always, if you have time to rate, review, and subscribe to The SavvyCast on iTunes, it would be SO appreciated!!! Blessings to you!!!
If you like this podcast, check these out: