Chris Bailey, video producer of The SavvyCast, shared about the importance of mental health in this week’s episode. He shared his own journey as well as which resources have been helpful for him.
Who is Chris Bailey?
Chris Bailey grew up in Birmingham, Alabama, and is an alumnus of Samford University. He has over 10 years of professional videography experience and helped create the SavvyCast. He is now a producer and editor for The SavvyCast, as well as the Founder and CEO of CSB Productions. Chris has worked on countless television and online productions including Chace Strickland and Sean Hobbs of Backyard Production, Emmy Award-Winning Documentary Director Michael Uys, The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, and many other directors, videographers, organizations, and online personalities. Chris is drawn to stories and strives to use videography as a way to reveal the deeper story behind every project.
The Episode at a Glance:
This week I discussed the importance of mental health with Chris Bailey. Chris shared about his own mental health journey, as well as what resources have been helpful for him. We discussed depression, anxiety, medication, and how to find the right therapist.
Questions We Answered:
- What does depression feel like?
- What is the purpose of medication?
- How do you find a good therapist?
- What are the first treatment steps for someone who has or thinks they have depression?
- How do you speak life into yourself?
- How do you unravel the habit of speaking negatively to yourself?
Resources We Discussed:
- Don’t Give the Enemy a Seat at YourTable: It’s Time to Win the Battle of Your Mind by Louie Giglio
- Out of the cave: Stepping into the Light When Depression Darkens What You See by Chris Hodges
- Trey Hill at Covenant Counseling
- CSB Productions
The National Suicide Hotline number is 800-273-8255. If you or a loved one are struggling with depression, do not hesitate to reach out and find help.
I hope you enjoyed this episode! As always, if you have time to rate, review and subscribe to The SavvyCast on iTunes, it would be SO appreciated!!! Blessings to you!!!
If you like this podcast, check these out: