If you’ve searched high and low for the best pumpkin bread recipe, the search stops here with this fabulous pumpkin pecan bread.
This pumpkin pecan bread is my mom’s recipe and the best pumpkin bread I’ve ever eaten! Seriously. Every time I serve this, someone asks for the recipe. I made this yesterday for my family and ate an entire half loaf (mini:-) all by myself.
When making mini loaves, I pour the batter into the pans from this Oxo squeeze & pour silicone measuring cup. It makes filling the small pans virtually mess free. I have this squeezable cup in two sizes and absolutely love it.
Below are links to the products I use, from the loaf pans to the gold rimmed cake plate. To scroll through all products, press the arrows (right or left). To see prices, hover over each image. To purchase, simply click the image to go retail site.
Gifting this bread: Just before the holidays, I make several batches of the mini loaves and freeze them. I’ll pull out for hostess gifts and give them wrapped on a small white rectangular plate.
When my kids were younger, I’d give these as pre- Thanksgiving break teacher gifts. I wrapped loaves in cellophane and tied with raffia~with a copy of the recipe attached.
I so hope you will try this yummy, so easy to make pumpkin pecan bread. It is one of my favorite Fall treats, and it makes me happy to share with you:-)
In the video below, you can see how I make this pumpkin pecan bread without using a mixer.
I would LOVE to hear from any of you who has a favorite Fall treat and would like to share. Recipes & ideas are always welcomed and appreciated. As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!
- 2 eggs
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups plain flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp.baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp.salt
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray bread pans with Baker's Joy or Pam.
- In small bowl, mix wet ingredients-eggs, pumpkin, oil & vanilla- until blended.
- In medium bowl, toss flour, sugar, soda, salt, nutmeg & cinnamon until blended.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, stirring just until blended (over mixing will make bread tough).
- Fold in pecans.
- Divide batter evenly amongst pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees approximately 45 minutes or until bread begins to pull from sides of pans.
- Let bread cool before removing from pans.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 397Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 1gSugar: 41gProtein: 4g