5 Fabulous Desserts for Spring (and what I’m Loving Right Now)
Here are 5 of my favorite desserts for Spring entertaining, along with a few things that I am loving right now.
My Favorite Desserts for Spring
Spring ushers in new life, colorful blooms and bright colors in clothing. Desserts for Spring entertaining seem to follow suit. Here are 5 of my favorites. They are a welcome replacement for the heavier, darker desserts of Fall and Winter (think pecan pie, carrot cake, bread pudding and more).
- Paula Deen’s Chessmen Banana Pudding is always a hit. Stores usually carry seasonal chessmen cookies that have flowers instead of chessmen.
- Easy Strawberry Layer Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is what it says it is~EASY. It is my homemade version of my favorite cake at Ashley Mac’s. I share the recipe + a video of me making the cake.
- Chocolate Eclair Dessert is an old “potluck favorite” that Zane and I must have eaten 100+ times in our young married days. It is so easy, and it is perfect for make ahead since it is refrigerated. Everyone loves an icebox dessert.
- Fresh strawberry yogurt bundt cake is a scratch cake (no cake mix) that is worth the effort. It is one of the most moist bundt cakes you’ll ever eat.
- Lemon Poppyseed Bundt Cake is made easy with lemon cake mix, but no one will know (or care) once they taste it. This is a fab cake to serve with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
A Few Things I’m Loving Right Now
- On the Bright Side by Melanie Shankle is my current favorite book. When I tell you that I laughed out loud~myriad times~I am not joking. This book is rich, deep, funny, and real. 10/10~Highly recommend!
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens is a book that my 17 year old absolutely loves. It took her awhile to pick it up, but once she did, she dug in and is actually journaling. This is a PERFECT graduation gift.
- This Leopard Hooded Rain Jacket stays in my car for all the (many) rainy days in Birmingham. No umbrella needed, and the style is so fun and fab.
What are you loving right now? And do you have any favorite spring-like desserts? If so, please share in the comments! As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!
Awesome; let me know!!
I sure will! Haven’t given them to them yet… waiting til they come in town, but hopefully they will give it a good read.
Kim, I love it!!! We would DEF be BFF’s if we were neighbors. But virtual friends are the next best thing:-) Please let me know how the recipes turn out AND what your kids think of the book. When my 17 year old started talking about “paradigms,” I almost hit the floor. It is full of great stuff. Thanks for leaving feedback, and have a fabulous weeked!!! XoXo
Again I say, I think we’d be good friends! I absolutely love each one of those 5 recipes for spring and I’m a bundt cake lover for sure AND I just bought ” 7 Habits” for each of my kids – even though they are 19 and 23!