Here is What I am Cooking and Reading this Week.
Here is what I am cooking and reading this week as Memorial Day approaches and a picnic is on everyone’s mind!!!
What I’m Cooking This Week.
These recipes are on my list IF we end up having a Memorial Day picnic at our new home away from home~Marble Valley Farm. We may decide to dine at one of our favorite places, Pursell Farms, which is just a few miles from our farm. Either way, the menu below is perfect for Memorial Day (or any day in my book:-)
- Black bean, corn & feta dip. This dip is FAB with corn chips (scoops). Make ahead and keep in fridge:-)
- Fall-off-the-bone baby back ribs. These are easy and always a hit.
- Crunchy slaw with Asian dressing. This is the perfect slaw to go with ribs or any smoked meat.
- Southern potato salad. This side is easy to make andkeep in the fridge up to two days ahead.
- Beale Street baked beans. These are our fave, even when I leave out the ground beef.
- Wicked deviled eggs. A picnic isn’t a picnic without these.
- My triple chocolate bundt. It is better day two, so it is perfect for a make-ahead dessert.
What I’m Reading This Week.
My pastor Chris Hodges’ newly released book is outstanding. Out of the Cave addresses depression and offers practical and spiritual advice on how to avoid letting it take over your life. It is a must-read. It has helped me navigate the situational depression that I have been fighting since losing my Cam a few weeks ago. I share that in this blog post, How to Stay Out of the Pit When Depression Threatens Your Joy.
A podcast that I recorded just days before my Cam got sick has been hugely helpful to me. Click here if you want to listen to A Licensed Therapist Shares Practical Advice on How to Navigate Grief.
I hope you all have a fabulous Memorial Day! As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!
Linda, thank you for your sweet words. I am grateful for all of the love that you all send my way. You have a wonderful Memorial
Day my friend. XoXo
Oh Jamie you will get through this. You are such a ray of sunshine for all of us here. Your happiness matters to us. Have a wonderful Memorial Day with your family. Find all the bright spots in each and every moment.